Wednesday 15 July 2015

Marriage is Beautiful...

"The greatest marriage  are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace" - Fawn Weaver

It's been a year since we exchanged our "I Do's".  The journey to our wedding day was one of the toughest path our relationship has to go through.  Yes, we have planned for it but there are a whole lot of unforeseen circumstances that almost didn't allow it to happen. One of the factors was the distance we had. He was in Chicago then, and I'm in Singapore. Priorities changed. All that we have talked about prior to LDR seemed to be thrown out of the picture. Time came that our relationship was not moving forward but rather falling apart.

I am on the verge of giving up. But then I realized, I asked this relationship from God. Kenneth was my answered prayer. How come I think of giving up someone whom I know is God's gift to me. What we are going through are just part of the challenges that our relationship has to conquer. So I kept on praying for God's guidance to help us both to find the way back to each other. And then in His perfect time, bykoi chose Love and went back home. Although that left us only a few months of preparation because I don't know what came to his mind that he wanted to marry me the soonest time possible. He thought that if it won't push through on January 2014, he will lose me forever. Besides, it's not about the wedding, it's the marriage that matters.

And we have proven that since Day One. Marriage is Beautiful. I won't say it was easy because we definitely had our own shares of ups and downs. But the greatest thing that ever happened to us since the day we got married is that our bond got a lot stronger. We are more open to each other. Our friendship flourished. Aside from being a husband and a wife, we became each others best'est' of friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment